Time: September 26, 2016 from 7:30pm to 11pm
Location: The Hill (Upstairs Lounge)
Street: 416 3rd Avenue (btw 29th & 30th)
City/Town: New York
Website or Map: http://davidshapiro.net
Event Type: after work, politics, networking
Organized By: David Shapiro
Latest Activity: Sep 25, 2016
Susan and I wanted to get all our friends together for a little debate viewing party on Monday at The Hill.
We will keep it friendly, social and make sure we can really hear/see the entire debate. To add some fun to this otherwise tragic event, we will incorporate drinking games to help us all get through this :)
Also if you personally insult another guest because of their political views, you'd have to buy them a drink as a penalty! In other words, please insult me and keep the drinks coming.
Round 1: 2016 Presidential Debate
The Hill (Upstairs Lounge)
Monday, September 26th
416 3rd Avenue (btw 29th & 30th)
7:30pm to 11pm
- Happy hour drink specials from 7:30pm until the end of the debate.
- We will have some complimentary appetizer platters and you can order more food if you like.
- No cost. This event is just for fun. Please RSVP on Facebook so The Hill can staff properly
- 7:30pm to 9pm: Hang out with friends, enjoy some drinks and listen to the pre-debate coverage in the background. It will be on all the screens in the Upstairs Lounge.
- 9pm: It begins! We will make sure that you can hear and see everything.
- 10:30pm: Post debate coverage
DRINKING GAME RULES
We will get everyone playing the debate drinking game from www.debatedrinking.com.
We will stream debatedrinking.com on 1 or 2 of the TVs so you know exactly when to drink.
You pick Hillary or Trump and drink when "your" candidate says certain words. You pick the candidate that makes you want to drink :) It does NOT mean that's who you will vote for.
DebateDrinking.com keeps score as each candidate says certain words and reminds you to drink. There are also some "Bipartisan/Community" words that everyone drinks when either candidate says it.
Note: These words may be said a lot so just take a sip each time you're supposed to drink, otherwise your Tuesday morning at work will be rough :)
- When you leave, cast a confidential vote as to who you think "won" the debate and we will post the results.
- If you have any ideas as to other fun stuff we can incorporate, please let us know.
Once again, let's keep this friendly and not lose any friends over politics! We look forward to seeing you all there!
David Shapiro has decided to hide the list of guests.